Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Alum and CJ Brown Dock tournaments starting in November!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Us canton guys will be back,keeping our eyes on the weather though. ;)
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

DamianB

• Born to fish, forced to work!
    • View Profile
Looking forward to my first time to Alum creek! Should be fun!
A bad day of fishin' is always better than a good day at work!

Curtis937

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • CPR catfish
went out to alum for a few hours today...the bite was slow but caught 5 nice crappie over 11" and saw a bunch of ppl catching crappie so hopefully it will keep up for tomorow
CPRCatfish.com

Mullygyn

went out to alum for a few hours today...the bite was slow but caught 5 nice crappie over 11" and saw a bunch of ppl catching crappie so hopefully it will keep up for tomorow

what seems to be better places to fish? back away from the lake towards the creek? out near the open water? up close to the bank?

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
It very's every time you go out.

Today they seemed to be in around 22 feet and i caught them right off of the bottom.

Tomorrow they could be suspended.

I always start out with my vex to locate them. A vex always helps.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
They are calling for scattered showers, We will hold the event rain or shine since it is not that cold.

IFO will also be giving a Dave Genz Rod and reel away to the winner of the Crappie pot.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Curtis937

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • CPR catfish
ok quick question anyone know where i can get spikes and minnows at close to alum in the morning? ie drive thru, market etc.

thanks
CPRCatfish.com

Mullygyn

Curtis937

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • CPR catfish

Curtis937

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • CPR catfish
so is anybody thats going to be at the tourney on the 16th at alum going to be selling any jawjackers? i just need one....
CPRCatfish.com

Salmonid

• View Profile
FYI, I know you guys were up at Ashland today but thought Id share todays Alum Dock report.
Short report: it sucked....
Long report, it was about like the tourney 2 weeks ago where it was cold and windy and the bite was slow all day but definately better early.
Me and PondFin@tic ( Ryan) showed up around 8 and by 9 had 3 of our 4 keepers today only 2 other fish caught buy us was a 7" Yellow Perch and a 5" gill.  wind beat us off the Eastern Docks and it sounded like all 9 folks I saw out there had about the same luck, 1-2 keepers at best, no Saugeyes landed but I think I had one on, or another species that was of respectable size,  no shad on surface but vex still showed a lot of bait around, i know we fished through all of it with nothing to show, nowhere near the fish marked as last week.   We and most others left around 1 when the rain started getting a little heavier.

Bright spot was 3 of the fish we landed ( 2 whites and a black) were between 11 and 11.5" and heavy, so some nicer fish there.  Fish were mostly in the midle column of the water as only 1 of my fish ame near bottom.  Vex was empty about 99% of the day, LOL

Looking forward to next weeks tourney and Curtis, Ill have my camera for you to try out there.

Salmonid ( Mark)     

Curtis937

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • CPR catfish

Looking forward to next weeks tourney and Curtis, Ill have my camera for you to try out there.

Salmonid ( Mark)     

cool thanks mark see you sunday
CPRCatfish.com

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
Iwas talking to Dave at the Ashland event , and he said the dock Tourneys are changed to Saturdays .  I  hope everyone interested gets this message.

Curtis937

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • CPR catfish
Iwas talking to Dave at the Ashland event , and he said the dock Tourneys are changed to Saturdays .  I  hope everyone interested gets this message.

Ok so it's the 15 th at alum. Or is it still the 16th.
CPRCatfish.com

Vexilar