Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Making ice!!!!

Eyewall · 27 · 13652

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I think im going to wait to come up until I hear some good reports of good ice. I haven't done very good on the north side for a few years now so I would like to wait until its ready on the south. I dont want to rush it and end up going thru again. Let me know what you find this weekend and if you find good ice I will come up. Its an hr ride for me so I would hate to come up and not be able to fish. I do have a 25.00 gift card for the causeway that I won at the spring crappie tourney 2 yrs ago and lost but just found again. Its really burning a hole in my pocket waiting to be spent so I want to get up there asap. ;D
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Yes I understand Tim and I dont blame you. North side hasn't been good to me either last few years. I'm gonna try it this weekend seeing as its the only game in town. I will keep you posted. Maybe this year things will turn around up there for the eyes. Id be happy if I can get out on some good ice and at least try. Its not to far for me or I would also reconsider. Hopefully there will be some fishable ice so I can at the least pretend. Lil You just never know, one eye would make me happy. I cant wait to pump some Vibe's.
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

snagger

• View Profile
 did a ride around mosquito this morn, south locked up from the cemetary to the dam, thickness? didn,t have my spud bar, went across the 88 causeway and two shanties out front of lindas boat ramps, not very far out, but they got out i guess.i,m still waiting a bit more.

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Snagger I heard same thing, they must be fishing in 3 fow. I hoping to be able to get out on North end this weekend. Im patient.
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Out of all the places on that lake right off that ramp is the last place I would want to fish. I would rather sit at home then waste my time there. It is super shallow and tapers very slooooow. Maybe they know something i dont know ;D
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
oh buddy if skeeter is getting fishable im getting excited
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Never fished this lake in winter,what is a good walleye depth 18 -20 foot?
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
They will be where you find them. South side anywhere from 12 to 16 seems to be the zone for me. North side is much shallower, around 7 to 9 ft is where most of my eyes have have come from. I keep looking for fish in different depths until I find them. Mobility is the key on the ice, if your not getting them move, trying to find sharp drops off of flats or breaks in the structure. I will not sit long over a dead hole. North side has little depth change and cover so ur limited to how you fish it.
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
on the north end of the island off pike bay is a dent in the bott  sometimes it pays off next to the weeds that inhabit the area
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Steelhead Fever

• View Profile
hEY GUYS, just a little update, i went around with my spud bar today, 305 had a solid 3 inches 20 yards out, but once i got to the snow, the less new, clear ice there was. I found pretty much the same thing on the opposite side, hopefully the north end will fish by this weekend, im checking again on friday, ill report back, be safe!

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Awesome Steelhead Fever thanks for the report, looking forward to fridays report after these next couple of days of ice making weather. Its 11 degrees right now. Thats gotta help.  : )
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES

Vexilar