Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice Growth @ Ferguson, Metzger & Lost Creek

Bowhunter57

• View Profile
Ferguson has ice around the edges, but all the high winds has kept the water moving too much for ice growth.

Since there's no listing for Metzger or Lost Creek reservoirs:
* Metzger is only half covered with ice and it's about an inch thick.
* Lost Creek is completely froze over with about 1 1/2" of ice.

Hopefully, the ice growth will continue and we'll be able to get on it by this weekend. I plan to go back out and check these reservoirs again, Friday evening.

Bowhunter57
George Washington did not use his right to free speech to defeat the British...he shot them.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I fished all 3 of those resevoirs growing up.  There are or were some good perch to be had at Ferguson if you can find them.  My dad lives within walking distance of Metzger.  When I was 12 or 13 I came home with a bucket full of nice gills and my dad asked me what I was planning on doing with them because he wasn't going to clean them.  Well several hours later we had a nice batch of fillets in the fridge.

Sorry for the rant...  :)  Good ole times!

toadfish

• View Profile
Hopefully things thicken up enough to get on the reservoirs.  Witha nother warm-up and rain in the forecast, I have my doubts.  Got into some nice perch on Ferguson in the fall, I would love to catch them on the hard water.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Bowhunter57

• View Profile
I took my spud bar out to check Ferguson and Metzger today. 2 1/2" to 3" was about the best I could find. It's gonna take some more time with such a big body of water. ::)

I walked out on the ice, from the boat ramp at Metzger...about 8' and gave the spud bar a hard thrust...or two and a crack in the ice shot across from where I was standing to the east bank about 200 yards away. :o It's NOT thick enough, for me and I don't know if we're gonna get enough cold weather before it all starts thawing again. >:(

Lost Creek had 3" of ice, every where. I'm going to wait until Sunday, before I go back out to check it again...and hopefully get some fishing in while I'm there.

Bowhunter57
George Washington did not use his right to free speech to defeat the British...he shot them.

Vexilar