Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice conditions

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Ice on Deer Creek not reallly safe after weekend rains in the areas I fish.  When it improves, hopefully by the weekend, I'll let everyone know.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks Slayer, I know there are a lot of pretty good lakes up there. I've been thinking about hitting clear fork or trying to do some fishing on Berlin or Mosquito. It's a drive for me and I'd be fishing by the map so it'd be nice to have someone who knows the area to give me some advice.

Let me know when your ice conditions improve.

RatherBe 
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
ratherbe, fyi, don't waste your gas going to clearfork. ice fishing isn't permitted there ???. dunno why, but theres signs that say stay off the ice. always wanted to try it myself.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yea, I don't understand that one either.  Anyony know why?  Hope to be able to check Deer Creek at end of week, last weekend's warm-up made it unfishable, ice all melted around edges and had rotten spots in middle.  My spud went thru first hit over the channel before the warm up.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ice good today from 4-9" depending on your spot.  Fished several different spots and got small crappie.  Last spot produced nice ones.  Pic is in online tourney topic.  All fish in fallen trees in 12-18 feet of water.

Team Wilcraft!

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I think this is a dif deer creek than the one i fish?
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Where is the Deer Creek you fish, east or west Ohio?  This one is in Stark County, in NE Ohio.

Team Wilcraft!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tried to get out today.  Lake was inaccessable due to snow.  Plow drivers piled snow 4' high in front of all the access areas, no way to get a shanty on alone.  Why do people do this?  Snow on the lake was deep as well.  Walked out by it and drifts near shore were over my knee, and I'm 6' 3".  Abandoned this lake toady.  No other tracks here at all, no one fished since last Friday's huge dump of snow.

Team Wilcraft!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hope the weeks weather will make lake fishable by Friday at the latest.  I'll keep everyone posted.

Team Wilcraft!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Didn't get to make it out yesterday, my whole day got screwed up when I had to help a friend chande a blown tire on a semitrailer.  hope to try first of the week.

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar