Ice Fish Ohio Forum

More Crappie Walborn/Deer Creek

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Tougher day today.  Tried Deer Creek and wind was awful, whitecaps.  Tough in a rowboat.  Left skunked, as all my spots were in unprotected water and wind blown.  Couldn't hold my spot to fish right. 

Walborn was same as last 2 days.  Same lure and technique as yesterday, although the fish moved up a couple feet  in the water column.  I was getting them in 8-11 feet today.

Won't be able to fish for a while now, maybe Monday if I'm fortunate!  Having a boat on top of my truck is really awesome!!  Can go fishing and nobody knows it!! ;D ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 ;D Give a man a fish and he eats for a day . Teach a man to fish and it becomes an obsession .  There's worse habits than fishing .

fishingful

• View Profile
Hey slabslayer .....if you ever see a grey Honda element out there with a low profile layout duck boat that looks like a bush that's me come over and say hi.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Will do!  Hope to head up there again Monday or Tuesday. I've parked the Ranger for the year, so I'll be in an old Sears rowboat.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It'll be tough to row thru that!  Thanks for the pics, hope to be on it soon!  Did you drive by Deer Creek, what does it look like?

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar