Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice conditions

crappie1962

• View Profile
Drove around the lake today. Lot of open water everywhere. Some of the smaller coves are iced over but not safe yet. C-5 cove iced over but had open water on the South side of the small island in the cove.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Thanks keep us posted, looking forward to hiiting it this season, still trying to catch one of those elusive nimi walleye
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks Crappie1962 for the report.  looks like next week for sure
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
maybe I will get lucky this year and nimi will be the first lake on the kickoff  ;D  but I know how deep that puddle is.... 8) then it goes down the list...mosquito,wingfoot,berlin...LAKE ERIE...... ;D ;D ;D  or maybe the first safe ice..heheheh  ....before cabin fever or the women makes me nuts....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

fishingful

• View Profile
Would like to get to muly spot on nimmi this year but its over 20 feet. can't wait for Erie would like to get the airboat out after dad building it the last 3 years

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I always wanted one of those ;D

gillhunter

• View Profile
Was out on Nimi Saturday the 14th. Ice was 2" maybe 3" thick. Only could fish 2 hours (I had plans and snuck out before hand). No bites

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
seems like nimi is taking its time freezing, now with 40 s coming the end of week  guess  its somewhere else this weekend. thnks for the report gill hunter.... 8) 

gillhunter

• View Profile
We will be out there tomorrow evening. Might be the last chance for a while. Other posts have been reporting thicker ice around the campground.

Vexilar