Ice Fish Ohio Forum

How's the lake looking

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Just wondering how the lake is looking, is it locked up and if so anyone know the ice thickness? Any advice for spots to catch some crappie and gills?

Looking to maybe head out next Wednesday after my kids get off to school.

plantguy

• View Profile
went over today and fished it. about 3-3.5 inch of ice. not very safe to just scamper all over. Had to be careful and spud every move. Only could find one spot a little over 4 feet deep that I could fish.  Did catch some gills perch and small cat.  I hope to go back out tues.  As for next week I don't know Rain in forecast. I think I talked to you last year.  Be safe and check your own ice.

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I think you might have also not to sure though. I was with my son and a friend near the boat docks tords the middle, we had a vexilar.

Think you had a sled and someone else with you and you headed tords the channel area?

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Any updates on the ice???

I tried using the marina web cam and can't gain access to it not sure what's wrong with it.

puregreen

• View Profile
The lake is at winter pool 5ft low and 95% frozen not sure on how thick

plantguy

• View Profile
Fished it last Sat. ice was melting fast and edges were bad.  Did not go on Sun. instead hit a pond. Melt makes for tricky ice always check your own. Bite had slowed down a lot.

Vexilar