Ice Fish Ohio Forum

12/15/2013 Report-Not Close

erierider · 12 · 12284

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Did a quick buzz by Wellington today. Did not even get out of the car. Still plenty of wide open water and not close to being ready. Be safe when you do get out.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:27:32 AM by erierider »
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
Have you been by wellington latley? Wondering how it was freezing.
Spencer hasn't gained much in the last few days. Not consistent either.
Some places 1" - 3".
Not sure it will be ready this weekend.  Depends on the snow.
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
I have not. May make an early morning trip Saturday to take a peak. However, if anyone is closer and is driving by a report would be nice. Both my fuel tank and this forum would appreciate it!!
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

Icetester

• View Profile
I will check and post for sure Friday morning. I'll head out about 7:30. I've been hoping the snow will help anything that was on it, push it down and somehow help with the wind as well. Then freeze up with the inbound temps. I'm not expecting much, but at least get eyes on it. I have seen this lake go from soft water to two inches over nite with decent wind a few years back when we hit 3-4 degrees one night. It was so brutal it had those damn geese taking shelter and froze the whole lake solid. I'm thinking next Wednesday, but that prediction is as good as the weather mans. I will post details tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

Icetester

• View Profile
Just got back, it was a late check today. Here's the news.......F U B A R........

Lake is covered, no open water, but some of the worse junk possible, half inch of ice, then 3 inches or so of slush,then an inch of white junk, then some snow on top of that. The 12-18" of more white stuff ain't going to help unless it drops the bottom out and freezes up next week.if that's the case you better have a gas auger.

I'm going to slam a beer.......

swedish nipple

• View Profile
12-18" of white stuff?
Are we supposed to get more snow?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Sure are!  But I never heard a total.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Icetester

• View Profile
I typed 12-18 just from what I saw on accu. They had a map of possible accumulations, if the hardest hit areas they showed 12-18. What they do know, it seems that we are getting rain/sleet/snow then the bottom falls out. They are saying it's going to be deep heavy wet snow and the system will take it time and drop a bundle on us........ Please ice god, do us a solid and make our waters harder then diamonds please. Slamming another.....

swedish nipple

• View Profile
its almost 5:00 sounds like i am going to have to have a few with ya.....
I heard Spencer was gabage also..
I think im heading North here soon.

Icetester

• View Profile
I think we are close in location, if we don't get it here we can split some costs up north. I'm gonna wait till Wednesday and go from there. I can use a few more days of rehab on my back anyways. CHEERS....

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
This is letting me heal up also. But I'm going nuts, I better be on frozen water by Tuesday. Hopefully the heavy snow will cause a melt off and will freeze up solid by Wednesday.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

joewallguy

• View Profile
Fished off the dock in the shanty at ledge lake. Also checked wallace. Both are also FUBAR. Same exact crap ice. This sucks. It did not seem to be getting any better in the 4 hrs I was there either. I did catch 5 trout however and played with my new vex :-)  Im heading back north also again. Did St. clair last weekend. Just found out Im off next week. I must ice fish :-) I will truck pool up also

Vexilar