Ice Fish Ohio Forum

C-5== 12/17/13

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Fished Nimi today.  Nice group on the bay this morning.  Got to finally meet icebucketjohn and put a face with the name.  Super nice guy, hope to see you on the ice again soon!  Ice was good, we drilled all-over that bay and were on 4-5 inches the whole time.  We were catching some nice crappie and redears, with some dinks thrown in too!  Just nice to be out ice fishing in mid-December!!  ;D  :o  Here's a pic of a crappie.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

FreezyP

• View Profile
Nice!  me and my buddy are going out soon!  thanks for all the updates!!  it helps us a lot!

td31

• View Profile

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That bay is really productive now, if you can, go now before the rain may mess it up.  I hope it survives, but time will tell.  It's not as warm as they first forecasted, so hopefully our ice will hang around!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that's great slab I hope to hit nimi sat , my son wants 2 go  his first time on the ice so I hope the rain doesn't mess it up ....I have been buggin him 4 years to go with...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Fished the lake for the first time about 2.5 hrs until dark yesterday. 6 fow/weeds. Got about 20 gills and 1 perch. Took 8 home. I hope the warm spell don't hurt us. I'm seriously going to hit this lake in the spring.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hit the Southeastern Boatlaunch (C-6) on Weds morning from 6:30am-9am., didnt mark a fish.  Went back to C-5 (Campground Cove) and fished till 3pm.  Got some nice gills & crappies, but it wasnt as good as Tuesdays outing. Shoreline ice getting weak.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
They really turned on around 3:30. We lost count and kept maybe 25. John, it was nice meeting you there yesterday. I'm thinking about getting there later today. It may be the last good day for awhile.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Don't remind me, I'm stuck at work! :'(  >:(

Team Wilcraft!

hewescraftnate

• View Profile
Fished c-5 parking lot last night for a couple of hours on the east west side of the road. Not one nibble. Ice was good though 4-5"! I think I was in the same area but I didnt see any signs of other fisherman.....Maybe the snow covered your tracks?

td31

• View Profile
Hit Nimi yesterday as well...Fished the C-5 campground cove and it was an awesome day. Caught north of 70 fish, took home 30 beautiful gills, 11 nice crappie, 4 chunky redears, and 5 nice perch for a Christmas eve family fish fry. Found a couple good holes in the weeds and twitched the bait within 6 inches of the bottom. I would like to thank everyone, especially slabslayer for the tips and info. Wish I would've realized icebucketjohn and the other IFO guys were out there, would've been great to meet you guys. I drive a crew cab black Silverado and I fish out of a black Shappel.

Hope it gets cold quick after this brief warmup!!

Thanks Guys!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
AWESOME!  Wish I could've made it out yesterday and today, but had to work.  We'll be fishing soon after the warm-up.  When we get safe ice again, we'll hit Nimi together, it's one of my favorite lakes.

Team Wilcraft!

ADAD1640

• View Profile
fished this lake for the first time Thursday and caught some nice gills and 4 really nice crappie--ice around the edges was getting sketchy when we left at 230---my son is dying to go but may be awhile with the weather--be safe

gillhunter

• View Profile
Was out on C-5 12-19. got out there about 4:30. Saw some nice piles of fish on the ice. Bite was slow until right before dark. Caught an 8" read ear and some nice crappie. Only had to throw a few back. Fished 6' OW 4' deep. Used waxies.

Ludendorff

• View Profile
Wish i could have stayed out longer last night with ya that was a good time. Hopefully we will be able to get out again soon.

Vexilar