Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Bummed out

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Going to be stuck at work today-Saturday. Bummed about not being on the ice. Please post your reports so I can see them. My next chance to fish will be Tuesday afternoon. Hope the ice holds up thru the weekend!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
seeing mixed forecasts but as we get closer to the weekend, it looks like we may have a pretty big ice killing event this weekend. Hope the weather folks are wrong but it looks like this early ice could be short lived.
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

Hillbilly

• View Profile
dont be bummed, heck we are weeks ahead of schedule anyhow, this was a gift...
Most of the northern waters should recover quickly, according to the weather reports. The edges will be the tricky part.

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
All, I will venture to say, we will be back on the ice by Jan 1st-4th. Let this lil hiccup do it's thing. The temps are looking really good after.  ;D

snag

• View Profile
I really don't think there will be fishable ice after this weekend.  I went out yesterday and although there was safe ice, it was deteriorating rapidly.

joewallguy

• View Profile
Yeah same here. I was on ledge in Hinkley yesterday ice was good. 5". If not for ALL this rain and snow melt, I think it would have survived the weekend. Then went to Wallace in Berea, ice was much worse and going fasr. I was happy when i got off.  Caught a few trout at each lake. Lost a bruser 20" at the hole. Powerbait near bottom. Got the shanty set up in the garage drying out. Hope i get everything dry before it gets all cold again.

Vexilar