Ice Fish Ohio Forum

SUFFIX 832 ICE BRAID

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
I'm wondering if anyone has used the Suffix 832 Ice Braid before.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I have been using mono for all types of fishing and wondered about
using the ice braid as a target specific type line.
Mainly medium to large predatorial fish... Walleye, Saugeye, Sauger ect....
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I have been using braid through the ice fir the last several years,I love it little to no memory,hard to cut on the ice around your hole edges,smaller diameter so it works well on ice reels,strong and most toothy predators have trouble biting through it,......with the exception of pike!and thats my oppinion
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I have been using the power pro blue ice in 5 lb  for a couple years and im really happy with it...the line is blue and it seems to blend into pretty clear water fairly well.  doesn't recoil causing my lure to spin on the drop or retrieve...really like it
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I use the 832 for panfish and have zero complaints.  On ice, I use the white stuff and can't pick it up on the camera (good thing).  I feel the bite better and no memory, it very strong stuff too.  Bring a set of scissors with you though, it's pretty tough to cut.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've been using the Berkley Fire-line Crystal Braid for the last few years... 1lb, 2lb, 3lb & 4 lb. in white & smoke color.  Good stuff, hard to cut., have not had any line breakage.  Only complaint would be it isnt as supple as mono.... a lil stiff.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I've been using the Berkley Fire-line Crystal Braid for the last few years... 1lb, 2lb, 3lb & 4 lb. in white & smoke color.  Good stuff, hard to cut., have not had any line breakage.  Only complaint would be it isnt as supple as mono.... a lil stiff.

I got away from using fireline for that exact reason.  832 isn't stiff like the berkley stuff.

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Sounds like I might need to try it for panfish too.
I've been using the orange micro ice for awhile. I have no complaints other than when pan fishing if I do hook into a larger toothy fish it rends to cut. I think I will try the 832 in 2 lb for panfish and 6 lb for walleye etc... thanks again guys and Merry Christmas
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

Vexilar