Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Good fishing

Bryan78

• View Profile
Caught probably 80 fish today. Mostly gills and finally some nice crappies. Ice was pretty decent but it's warming up again so tomorrow morning might be the last time out for me for a few days. Caught my fish in the front channel at Anderson's in 7fow. Crappies were suspended between 4-5 feet. Caught the crappies mainly on chartreuse Gulp tails, gills on wax worms and plastic.

toadfish

• View Profile
The fishing is always good, it is the catching that varies!

Did you fish near brush or more towards the center of the channel?

I am going to wait until the ice firms up again after this little warm spell.  I have a couple new spots I want to try for crappie and eyes.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

polarbear

• View Profile
Good report guess I'll wait a couple days until I'll go out

Bryan78

• View Profile
Last week I caught all of my fish in the middle of channels. This week, I caught them in closer to the bank but not close any visible brush. There was a small tree in the water kind of close to me but I wasn't on top of it. A lot of people move around a lot but if I catch a decent amount, I stay where I'm at and the fish usually come back. Crappies were caught around noon. 5 keepers and threw back 4 that were small. The 5  I kept were at least 11".

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks for the reports. How thick is the ice?
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Bryan78

• View Profile
Ice was a good 4"+ in the channel the other day but I'm not hitting it again until Wednesday after we get a few cold days. I doubt the ice is safe now. It was cracking a lot on Friday and I felt when it cracked a couple times.

Vexilar