Ice Fish Ohio Forum

new vex battery question

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I got a new battery today for my fl-18 just wondering how long it has to charge before its fully charged and I can use it plus how long should it last when being used?

fishingful

• View Profile
I just got a new one should be fully charged but I put it on for a day. Should last a complete day fishing. I ran mine for 10 hours.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
if I remember right, it takes about 15 hr for a full charge, I use mine all day long, 5am-5pm and it still stays charged, but when I get home I charge it until I go back out the next day. Plus in the off season , every 3 months at least

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Thanks for the help.. I see the light showing some one my vex charger so I am hoping it will be charged by tomorrow night.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
An over night charge will do the trick.

It depends on how long you fish. I have gone 3 days without a charge but it is recommended you charge each night so the battery does not get a memory and does a full charge.

It is also recommended you charge at room temperature.

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Fishin 2

• View Profile
I got a new battery today for my fl-18 just wondering how long it has to charge before its fully charged and I can use it plus how long should it last when being used?

Did you get a 7 or 9 mah battery, where at  and what was the price in case someone else might need one please, thanks, Mike
Take a Kid Fishing, You'll need the help Carrying Fish  !!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I got a new one this fall also at a local hobby shop where they sell the large remote control planes and helicopters. Also I charge mine every time I use it for more than an hour. I put it on before I go to bed and take it off in the morning before I head out. I got 7 years out my last one, and I use it heavily in the winter and do a 10 hour maintenance charge in the summer monthly.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Got mine at Cabelas in Columbus for 24.99 it's an 8ah battery. I'm sure if I would have searched the web I would have found it way cheaper but I had a friend down there and needed a new one ASAP as I still have the original battery for my FL-18 and I still get about 3-4 hrs from that and it's 9+ yrs old.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
slab I bet you got your batt where I got mine at aerotec... ;D  good place ...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yep, really cool place. Wish I had more time and $$. ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
still use my original fl18 battery and it is probably 10 years old. i use it all year round so i keep it constantly charged. i see cabelas sale papers where they run the batteries on sale at reasonable prices. depending on the charger, the light on the charger stays on while charging and goes off when charged and the other charger the light is off while charging and comes on when charged. there should be a paper telling you how to tell when it is charged.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I have a triton computerized charger, will charge every batt I have  on anything I have ... wont charge catfish batts .... :P
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Big Daddy

• I am Big Daddy
    • View Profile
If you're looking for a 12v battery for your Vexilar, most outdoors stores will not have them in the fishing department. They will be in the HUNTING department in the feeder supply area.
Take a kid fishing and pass it on.

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff

Vexilar