Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Salmonid takes down the December 29th dock tournament

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Congratulation to Salmonid for catching 4 crappies weighing 2.22 pounds. Great Job!

There was no Saugeye caught so second place pot went too Me! CRV was crying all the way home ::)

We had 12 die hard fisherman fish all day in the rain. The bite was very tough but we all had a great time.

Everyone went home with a prize from our sponsors.

Thank You Jason Mitchell Rods, Toray Line, Flatline Lures and Jammin Jigs.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

Tin Guppy

• View Profile

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
I feel that way every time we fish together, if it happened more than once a year I'd sell all my fishing stuff and take up golf.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

g

• View Profile
Great job Salmonid. Fishing was really tough. Congrats to all who caught fish, wish I was in that category. Good thing there is always next time.

Salmonid

• View Profile
yes a tough bite that's for sure I figure I had 8 bites in 6 hrs, never even marked a fish the first 2+ hrs and moved 4 times before I found a good spot where  a fish would come through every 20-30 minutes, LOL

FWIW, spikes behind a green and white Ice jig seemed to work a little bit for the suspended fish.

CRV, Daves a tough one to beat when he is at his spot and on his game...He is the master on jigging the big stuff and while he gets fewer fish, they are always quality!

Vexilar