Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Jammin Jigs

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
I picked up some jamming jigs today. Wow the paint job on these are gorgeous!!! Not sure, I might have to rubber coat the hemos. I used one a few times last year and it caught fish. Hopefully I will be able to put them to the test this year.
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks for supporting our sponsor!

They do have the best paint jobs that i have ever seen and the glow is by far the best ever. I know they are all hand painted by his dad. Not sure how they get the glow so bright.

They are a sponsor and we gave packs away at all of the dock tournaments this season. It would be nice to here from the members who received them and see what they have to say.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
I ordered the steelhead tube jig kit 22 pcs. and was very pleased with them,nice variety of colors,and good quality,also the shipping only took 3 days,now i will get some pinmins.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

holehopper

• View Profile
P.S. I also ordered the 40 pc. grab bag a mixed variety of styles and weights,very economicl,alot cheaper per pc. than the bait shops charge.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

holehopper

• View Profile
P.S.S. I also placed a order with grandpa bobs jigs,for some hair and maribou jigs and was very pleased with them also nice quality and well tied,shipping took a little longer though.

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
I ordered a 40pc grab box for like $13 and very impressed with them thus far
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Some of Plastic/epoxy ones are a little rough on the edges but for the price it's nothing that would keep me from ordering more, the lead/soldered ones are all spot on though. Great product
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
Well my last order from JJ's has been working so good for me on the panfish, that I decided to order some more. This time I got the neon kit along with the perch and panfish kit. While I was on there site I stumbled across their "novelty" section. I absolutely had to buy some. So if you walk up to someone you don't know and ask " what are they biting on" and they say "here I got one you can have". Buyer beware because it might be me your asking. Hopefully Dave doesn't see the need of removing the pic...  ::)
I should add that their delivery time is outstanding. Ordered 80 jigs at the end of the day Thursday and received them on Monday. Awesome.
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Hahaha yea I saw the novelty jigs the other day

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Used jammin jigs for the first time this last weekend and man did the gills, channel cats and bass love the jigs. I used one that was glow with black and white on the front.

My kids will be using these this weekend while ice fishing will try to post pics of the fish we catch with them.

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I have been using the jammin jigs for about 4 years now and they are awsome. Don't have any of the novelty ones but have prolly close to 500 of there other assorted jigs. I'm sure the novelty ones would actually catch fish tho. The paint on them is super though too! They def put fish on the ice. I wish they had some tungsten models.

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Me too, I think the ony thing that would hold them back from tungsten is the equipment and process required to cast tung, it melts somewhere around 7k if I remember correctly... And the cost, it's like $250 per 100 grams if you don't buy it bulk for industrial purposes..

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Me too, I think the ony thing that would hold them back from tungsten is the equipment and process required to cast tung, it melts somewhere around 7k if I remember correctly... And the cost, it's like $250 per 100 grams if you don't buy it bulk for industrial purposes..

That makes sense why they are so dang expensive. I just ordered a bunch from custom jigs and spins. They have some good stuff to but for general purpose jigs I'd go with jammin jigs all day long.

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
yea at the bulk price of tungsten is significantly less, like $50 per 100 grams, but you gotta order a lot I'd imagine,

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
I do rally enjoy CJS Chekai tungsten jigs though, but they really gotta find a new glow paint, it's really dim and only glows for 4-5 minutes before it needs recharged with the flashlight, atleast that's the case with mine

Vexilar