Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1/03/14 report

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
got out on bressler for a few hours today. started on the nw corner  off grubb rd.  popped half a dozen holes and fished em all.  never even marked a fish on the vex.  ice was a good six inches in that area  clear black ice with some white ice nearer shore. just some slush that refroze i think.  moved to the east side and went south from the landing. ice was 5 inches there. didnt venture out to far as i was fishing solo.  never marked a fish in that area either.
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

Mullygyn

100 yards directly west of the steps at boat ramp. 75 yards from south bank, west of the pump house. 8 fow drops to 17

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
i wanted to get out to that hump thats north of the east pumphouse but being by myself didnt  want venture out that far. i know theres some weedbeds on that spot that may hold some fish
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

Mullygyn

Yep. Thats what i was thinkin. Ive found some solid 14in perch near the ramp. Ive taken lots of eyes by the pumphouse. Good luck.

toadfish

• View Profile
Mullygyn,
Which pumphouse did you get those eyes; east or west and how much water?  How far out from shore?

How far out from the ramp and how much water for the perch?

I have had nothing but bad luck on Bressler and would love to get some perch and eyes there.

I tried to find the hump by the east P/H a couple years ago and I think I found it but there were no weeds and no fish marked on the vex.  Water was clear enough I could see bottom in 9 FOW.

Might hit Ferguson on Wednesday afternoon for perch/eyes.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 05:19:31 AM by toadfish »
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Vexilar