Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Portage Lakes (North Rez) Sun 1/5 8:30am

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Gave North Reservoir a try this morning off the Handicap area. (SOLO).... Portage Lakes Drive next to the ODNR District 3 gate entrance.

Ice was layered, but 3" 20ft out from the shore., drilled another hole 20ft further out and it was only 2"... layered and cracking.... NOT SAFE 

Fished for 1/2 hr in 7ft FOW, no bites. 

Was very skeptical to venture further and decided to call it quits.

Will wait another day or so.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

gillhunter

• View Profile
I think I am going to give north a shot tonight around 4. I will be in the ODNR parking area over the Christmas trees if anyone wants to join

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
GH: I'm planning on hitting the ice somewhere in PLX Friday morning.  Let me know how u do.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

EitherFishOrCutBait

• View Profile
I'm planning on going out of osp I'll be in a black and gray frabill. Stop on over.

gillhunter

• View Profile
Did ok. Went off the handicap ramp (east side). I wanted to go on the other side over the cristmas trees but I was solo and there were people on the east side so thats where I went.  Ice was solid 3" Caught a handfull of dink gills and an 11" Crappie.  Some guy let me try out is flasher. Thanks again, those things are pretty neat.

mousejam515

• View Profile
I also fished north reservoir today. I fished 6 ft to 8ft of water. I couldn't keep the small bluegills off my line. I caught mostly small gills and a few dink crappie and perch. I also hooked a big bass that was fun on the ultralight. I managed to catch 6 of what I believe are white bass that I didn't know were in that lake. On a side note I think I prefer to fish on less thick ice because the people blowing by on snow mobiles was somewhat irritating and loud.

FYI there are sunken  Christmas trees off both sides of the parkinglot

steelneyes

• View Profile
FYI that is a white perch, bad news when they get good numbers established.
Spud one, spud two, if it went through, so will you!

Vexilar