Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Mogadore 1/5/14

Big Daddy

• I am Big Daddy
    • View Profile
Hit the small cove on NW side of Congress Lake Rd. Ice was very ugly... About 2 inches of solid with 2 inches of junk on top. We fished in about 2 1/2 ft of water. I caught 3 dinks and Walt pulled a nice 8+ inch redear. Lake may be locked up but the snow in the last week made junky ice. TAKE GREAT CARE IF YOU GO OUT.
Take a kid fishing and pass it on.

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff

fishingful

• View Profile
I fished the same bay. But got out at about 230. 3 guys off the parking lot point. I was alone in the bay. Just hole hoped around and caught one gill. One of the guys on the point was standing there and next second his right leg went through to his hip. He got out but was done for the day.

He was a little further out than he should have been and had water pooling up around him. Talked a while in the parking lot and headed back out ended up catching 25 dinks.

Ice out there is really crappy started raining while I was there. 2 other guys showed up so at least I wasn't fishing alone or would not have went back out.

Ice has gotten even worse today.....snow tonight (hope not much) cold days the next 2 then a warm up. Don't think a couple really cold days will fix it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:16:49 AM by fishingful »

Vexilar