Ice Fish Ohio Forum

REALLY GUYS ?

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
now I have been busy lately but watching the lakes and the posts, and I know that the ice is crap and I really want 2 go out myself  BUT...YOU GUYS ARE JUST A LITTLE SCARY... :P  im 62 and have went thru several times ...im just going 2 hang and wait 4 a touch longer just because my fat 200 lbs doesn't want 2 be flopping around on the ice ...not bitching just want 2 see all of ya sometime on the ice...you guys are really great and this site has become hot now, be cool...c ya out there....you new ice fisher people need 2 follow the the cues of the vets PLEASE......later... ;D ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

A@C

• View Profile
15 shanties on the north end of Pymatuning today

Chilly willy

• View Profile
New to ice fishing and have tried in years past but no success until my first trip out on Saturday . 26 inch rainbow . Had my buddy out for his first time and he goes 300+ . Had about 3 inches ice 2 of slush ice and another 1.5 if ice not safe solo ice but we had numbers . Can't wait to get out again .

Salmonid

• View Profile
we were out on 4" today and down in Dayton area that's dam good ice, as we don't get it for long, ( IE poured all day today almost 2" in my rain gauge)  now need it to refreeze all over again so I can get back on later in the week.

Our benefit was we didn't have any snow on top of it, rare we have better ice then most of the state

Salmonid

fishingful

• View Profile
I have been on the ice a long time. Have all the safety equipment and (nocking on wood) have never taken a swim. I don't want to. Today is the first time I have seen someone go in. But was fishing 5 foot in an area I know really well.

Mr Chomp

• View Profile
spud bar spud bar spud bar! the auger LIES

quackpot

• View Profile
Grandson and I hit the first pulloff at Indian today. The ice was four to five inches but had soft spots. He caught the only keeper but I caught more dinks. Be careful out there. The rain should help, I felt safe I've been doing this many years. I used a spud bar out and back, please do the same.

snag

• View Profile

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
spud bar spud bar spud bar! the auger LIES

I'm in no hurry to be in the 2014 Polar Bear Club .

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It was sketchy this morning at Mogadore, 3-4" in one spot, then my foot went thru 8" away.  This cold snap should have all the lakes that are locked in and snow free ready by Wednesday at the latest.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I know your right this cold will make a lot of ice FAST  ;D ;D -5
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar