Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1/6/14-DANGEROUS!!!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I didn't get wet, but stepped thru 3 times off CLR.  Couldn't even get on at RT 43.  Was  spudding my way across to fish a point and had 4" of ice. Took 1 step about 8" forward and my boot went right thru. Some of the screwiest ice I've ever seen.  Not much snow on it at all, so it should be good in a day or two.  Left after two hours and some dinks. Saw a couple bulls go by on camera, but couldn't entice them to bite. Just really don't recommend this lake yet. I was alone and didn't feel comfortable out there  even with all the safety gear and float suit. BE CAREFUL!!!!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

fishingful

• View Profile
Well hopefully that will change! Its -2 here in mogadore right now. That's actual temp I don't know the wind chill temp. All the snow in my yard that fell after the rain is gone or against the fence. I will go do am ice check after I get off work tomorrow...... I am currious what 48 hours with this temp will do to the ice with the conditions I was on yesterday.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I think it'll firm up nicely, it didn't stop raining until after 2 am. The temp was still 20's when I was there, so the cold didn't really have much of a chance to help it yet. Looks like I'll be working on a bid tomorrow, but should be back out Wednesday morning somewhere.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah your right on the screwy ice, there are lakes frozen that are ahead of us that usually are behind us on the freeze deal.  :P well im glad ya didn't get wet. I have been holding off because my spidey sense is telling me something. ??? I have tues off because of temps but im not sure I will go out..i had to chuckle watching ch 8 news tonight they showed some guys fishin a park up in cleve , and said us ice fishers are professionals out there.. 8) makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside  hahahahahah
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

fishingful

• View Profile

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
wind goin pretty good here in the falls  -4    BBBRRRRRRRR  I KNOW IM FISHIN SOON  ;D ;D ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

fishingful

• View Profile
Dropping fast -7 I put a glass out side filled with tap water 1/4 inch of ice in 40 min :) don't know how that transfers to the lake but hopefully its growing fast.......wish it would stay like this for a week
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:16:51 PM by fishingful »

Vexilar