Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1-7 ice ice

Crappiekiller

• View Profile
Got some decent ice out on 43 right now 4-5 inches everything should be about that solid lisening to the deep cracks of ice forming :))

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that's good news now im going out first chance I get , I didn't go today it was just brutal so I thought it would be a little more comfortable at weeks end....now all I have 2 do is figure out where ..hahah....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
My problem too, I can go tomorrow til about 1 pm, but where?  It's nice to finally have options here in NE Ohio! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

trapperjon

• View Profile
crappie something was telling me that you was out today,  glad to see your report, now i'm wondering what the ice is looking like on the west side over the roadbed I was telling ya about,  PERCH PERCH AND MORE PERCH  :o

Crappiekiller

• View Profile
Whole lake should be 4-5 this is was no good Saturday =))))) here perch and crappie

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I've never found the road bed. I can't put my boat on here, so I can't troll over the lake and mark spots, I can only learn by word of mouth and drilling holes. Although now I can boat here since I got a rowboat in December. I've fished the house foundation, old stone wall, some channels, but never the old bridge or roadbed.  Mind sharing?  If not, I understand. You can also pm me if you want it to be kept secret. I won't give out other peoples spots if they tell me not to. :-X
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:16:58 PM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

fishingful

• View Profile
Couple shantys out at the 43 launch couples shantys sw side of congress. Ice in the bay north of congress looked to be 5 in with 2 of white on top. East side seemed less 3-4 in with a couple of white on top. I did not venture far just got off work and not dressed for it. Couple guys on wing foot too.

trapperjon

• View Profile
there's saxe and sunnybrook, saxe is for some reason the one I have most success on, I've always got on it from the access road that is now gated off, however you can still park near there.  the road runs east to west and is easy to find from shore by looking to the eastern shore you can still see where the road ran thru the woods, it's lined with big rocks for curbs and the PERCH use it as a highway. it seams like they keep traveling back and forth, i'll generally pop holes along the road about a hundred ft apart for several hundred yards and once they move thru i'll jump ahead and get'em again,  we'll need to meet up sometime for me to show you exactly what and where im talking about.  hope this helped more than confussed,  JON

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Helped a ton, thanks!!  May try it tomorrow, or Nimi, not sure yet!

Team Wilcraft!

trapperjon

• View Profile
i'd try nimi, that area of moggie was the last to lock up. also if you look at the map just make a straight line from where saxe enters on the east shore to where it comes up the west shore (short line w/curve) and if were thinking of the same house foundation and wall. it's on the north side of the road.

Crappiekiller

• View Profile
That was me and my buddy off 43 all the way in the center to the left of the docks it's safe ice is 4 inches out there of clear ice have fun be safe caught some crappie and gills

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's a good area.  What time were you there and what size were the fish?

Team Wilcraft!

fishingful

• View Profile

wis2ohio

• View Profile
So I will be in Mogadore Sunday picking up a shanty just wondering what is a better lake for my first time fishing that area is it Mogadore, wingfoot or another lake in the area?

fishingful

• View Profile
I would watch reports sat and make a decision then. If your around here you have mogadore, wing foot, the portage lakes that include nimisilla, walborn, deer creek, Berlin that's right past that, milton , west branch to the north and laude north of that. So depends where around the area is? Lol.

Vexilar