Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1-7-14

fishingful

• View Profile
Checked the north launch. 5 inches or so of clear under a couple of white right at the launch. Went out a little further to someone's test holes and started to spud them open but heard a crack and headed back. I was not dressed for it. 2 guys fishing the island right of the launch

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I have learned a lot about ice and how it forms on lakes and why safe ice cracks under stress, but it still gives me the pucker factor!
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

fishingful

• View Profile
Yea me too still would have felt better if I didn't have dress pants and tennis shoes on lol. Ice was singing.

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

Erie Tom

• View Profile
very  basic  rule......follow tracks,,,,do not  make  tracks. If  they  disappear,,,,,STOP!!!

If you are not  sure be cautious so you   can  fish  tomorrow.

My  first time out I had a life  jacket on inside my suit. Looked like a Blue  Michelin man.

fishingful

• View Profile
After 20 years of ice fishing and countless trips I am still cautious. should have put my sterns coat in the truck before I went to check but last second decision to go check.

fishingful

• View Profile
Ended up hitting the islands today. 6-7 where I was and caught 40 in 2 hours. Kept 12 nice gills for dinner. still catching some small crappie after dark

Big Daddy

• I am Big Daddy
    • View Profile
I'll be heading out there early Saturday morning. Anyone else going to be there?
Take a kid fishing and pass it on.

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff

fishingful

• View Profile
I will most likely be......the GF wants to get out

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Hey guys.  New to site.  Anyone fish wing today?  How ice?  Thinking about hitting it tomorrow morn.  Went to spencer today and ice was good.  Lots of water on ice but still good. 
Born to fish.   No plan B.

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I will be in the Mogadore/ wingfoot area tomorrow morning about noon I have never fished these areas.

Anyone wanna meet up and fish tomorrow I will have one of my sons with me???

trapperjon

• View Profile
ice was melting fast today. had 6" at 1pm by 5:30 it was 4 1/12

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Thanks Jon.  Yeah this warm spell and rain is starting to do a number.  It's suppose to get cold again on Tues. 

Hey wis2, I never have fished wing either.  Gonna give it a shot about 7am.   I know you mentioned noon, but if you wana meet earlier, I'm in.  Me and 1 other guy.  Only fishin the early morn tho and probably finish about 11.   Good luck if we miss you.
Born to fish.   No plan B.

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Fishingoat, I am leaving my house at 8am and have hr and half drive I need to stop at a guys house and pick up a shanty so I am hoping to be on the lake by 1030 or 11.

fishingful

• View Profile
We stayed after Jon left. Managed about a dozen with 3 keeper gills. Also caught one of the largest bullheads I have ever seen. Had to be close to 16 inches the head was 4 in across. Thought it was a channel cat at first.

Ice was going quickly. You will come across old holes and some random non auger holes in the ice. Had one spot that I got close to that water was coming out of when I got close. Spud your way out. Came across bad ice at portage today that was one hit. Only one other guy I saw on the lake that had a spud bar with them.

Vexilar