Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Skunked Weds 1/8

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Rick & I were drilling holes before sunlight on the west side (S. Main St) early Weds morning, 1/8. We parked in the Nimisila Rd Boat Launch.

We first started in shallow water and slowly worked out way out to 20FOW... heading north then east.

We fished 7:15am - noon.

Water was very clear and not stained in comparison to C5 yesterday. We drilled over 30 holes trying to find the buggers.  Finally found some activity on the Vex, but No Luck

First time I can ever recall not getting a fish let alone a single bite.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Bummer, almost went to Nimi this morning.  Glad I ended up going to Deer Creek, the bite was on fire there!! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Just my luck.  I had an invite to join some guys at Wingfoot, but passed it up on the hopes of Nimisila. Guess it was a poor choice this time.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

fishingful

• View Profile
Should have went to wing foot. Caught 40 in 2 hours after work. Kept 10 good ones for dinner still picking up small crappie at 6.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Usually Nimi is pretty dependable thru the ice. I was going to try the hump/drop off by the campground public parking lot if I went there today.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
guys im really surprised that nimi bombed out. after watching the weather im not sure im going sat with rain in the forecast...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

fishingful

• View Profile
Yea I feel like we just get good ice and the weather sucks again.

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Fished the first pull off on Nimi rd for an hr or so. I decent crappie and a few dinks. Then hit a few farm ponds in the area with the same results... Slow.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Will hit it again tomorrow, (Friday 1/10), but wont be able to hit the sunrise bite.  Not sure where I'll go though.

snag

• View Profile
How's the ice out there?  I'm considering going off Christman Rd. out from the first boat launch today.

Vexilar