Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1/9, headn out again

crv423 · 3 · 3016

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Dave and I are hittn it hard again today, we'll be infront of the island outta Fairfield, gonna try a lil deeper water today, 7 to 8 fow. We'll be in a 2 man back to back clam if you wanna say hey. Had 6 to 7" of ice yesterday, should be better today it's been below freezing all night. I'll post how good I do, and how bad Dave does when we get home ;).
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
So hilarious you guys
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Same thing today, around 12 eyes, 1 keeper, 3 wipers, 3 crappie, 2-13"ers, 1 nice perch I caught on Daves pole, I just let him hook it and reel it in ::). It wasn't real fast action but it was a good time. Awh yeah I did catch 1-3lb large mouth, which brings up a question, Why is it so wrong to keep a large mouth, cause I got a lot of shizzle for keeping it. I understand people say it's a tourney fish but I fish walleye and saugeye tourney's and everyone keeps them. Now somes reasoning is they don't taste good but I ate them all the time growing up when caught through the ice and if you ask me they are like crappies, not very good outta warm water but very tasty outta cold water. I don't think its right for someone to say something if someone wants to keep 1 bass in five years if everytime you go fishing you keep 6 saugeyes or walleyes or 30 crappie for that matter. I'm gonna post this under general discussion if you wanna discuss this.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 10:32:15 PM by crv423 »
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

Vexilar