Ice Fish Ohio Forum

hoping for the best

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
With the temps going up this weekend, I'm hoping for the best. The lows colder than first thought and a good solid ice base, I hope and plan to be on the ice Monday, which will be my next chance to fish. We may have to plank out off the edge, but I think the main lake ice will survive and be safe!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
Depends on the amount of rain and wind speed. Hopefully the ice will survive. If not, come on round 3.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The lakes around here are all locked, so hopefully any wind won't hurt us that bad.  All depends on rainfall totals and overnight lows, fingers are crossed, hoping for brief January thaw!!  O so brief!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 ;D I haven't been on ice as of yet , work . I'm hoping for Sunday , we shall see .

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
It's not gonna melt that fast, I'll be on it Monday.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( Saturday morning , woke up at 600am to 50 degrees and a pretty steady and at times heavy rain . Checked outside and all the snow and ice are gone . My heart Sunk as I wanted to try  ice fishing somewhere this Sunday . I'm hoping the ice can recouperate before next weekend . :-\ :'( :( ???

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
I'm seeing overnight lows back down below freezing. Hope it will help us.

snag

• View Profile
Yesterday I walked out on snow ( no cleats ).     Walked off with no snow ( and cleats).  My holes were starting to get surface drain as well. 

Vexilar