Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New northwest ohio area fisher

Alex24 · 8 · 6242

Alex24

• View Profile
How's everybody doing? I'm new to this site and to ice fishing. I have been out once on a few ponds so far and I'm pretty sure I'm addicted. Does anybody have any public spots to fish in the Northwest region Lima, Paulding, Van Wert area besides Grand Lake St Mary's

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome to the site!  Handymanjeff and ohiofisher19 are up around your area I believe and can probably help you out. I'm on the other side of the state by Canton.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
Welcome to the site and ice fishing. If you ice fish once, you're hooked. It's contagious. As far as public areas in NW Ohio, we have Defiance reservoir,  Wauseon upper & lower reservoirs,  Delta reservoir,  Paulding reservoir (I don't remember if they allow ice fishing), Oxbow lake in Defiance, & where I fish mainly is; Nettle Lake, Barton lake, McKarns lake and Harrison Lake. Maybe we can hook up and I'll show you a few of my spots. I'm about as NW Ohio as you can get. Plus there are some great fisheries close by in Michigan and Indiana.

Once again, Welcome....... :)
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

Alex24

• View Profile
I see your from the Bryan area. It's about an hour from me. I go up Lake La Su An to hunt coyotes at night sometimes but I understand they are kind of strict on the fishing part

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
La Su An no longer allows ice fishing and have changed  their summer policy. You no longer call for reservations and you don't check in at the ranger station. They are only open for fishing May thru July. Days and hours are posted on DNR website. Still a great fishery for bass and bluegill,  just doesn't have the numbers of 11- 12" gills it used to 10 years ago. I fish it often during soft water. You'll have to come up and fish with me hard or soft water. I have a 16' deep v that will fish four. :)
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

Alex24

• View Profile
I think we could make some arrangements..not sure how soon it will be because we are kinda slow at work till this weather gives way so the money's tight..but we should definitely stay on
Touch I'm big time bass fisher as well

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Welcome fellow iceman
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Sounds good. I bass fish too along with duck & goose hunting, bowhunter, muzzleloader, squirrel and coyote/varmint hunting. ;D
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes