Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Marina 1/20/14

bruce136

• View Profile
 I fished the rocks n the gas pump side. Kept 14 crappie. I was using a large tear drop jig, tipped with a spike. I caught countless babies.
 Ice was thin around the docks. Ice was 4-5 inches in the middle.

A shanty with people inside went in the drink by the docks on the handicap side. They made it out ok. Just a reminder to be cautious.

Green Pea

• View Profile
That would flat out scare the crap out of me. I'm planning on taking a buddy there this weekend. Hopefully the ice will be safe by then. Was there much snow on the ice?

bruce136

• View Profile
There w was some snow. Mostly around the docks. Ice should be more than good by this weekend.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Am GLAD to hear they got out ok ! TAKE it as a SERIOUS lesson: it CAN happen ! Going in 1 time will "CURE" you from letting it happen again...BE SAFE 1st, 2cnd and 3rd ! Sermon over, still would like to get out this weekend ASSUMING we have SAFE ice ! 

Buckeye John

• View Profile
Thanks for the report Bruce. I'm going to try and get down there Friday.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Main Boat Ramp ? Rumor has it #11C (12 "C" trees last known 4 of the deepest  were still upright) has seen some very recent success. Set starts directly under the red light and within 25` due N is shallow to deep in 20+ fow ...close parking, partially sheltered from a SW wind and EARLY shadowing this time of year...last yr we had safe ice did "ok" there...

bruce136

• View Profile
 John, I was catching them in the same spot We were fishing the day I met you.

Buckeye John

• View Profile
I don't have to work Friday. I'm going to try and make it down there.

bruce136

• View Profile
 I am working all day Friday.

I was thinking Thursday or Saturday for me. I might head down to Rocky and Paint creek.

dcp103

• View Profile
I was thinking about heading up from the Dayton area on sunday is there anywhere near there to buy bait?

bruce136

• View Profile
 DCP,
    There is a bait store by the dam, but it is hit or miss what times he will be open.
   I would recommend stopping by Fisherman's Headquarters(the old fisherman's quarters) on Keowee the a day or 3 before you go. They have spikes, wax worms and mousies.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:05:36 AM by bruce136 »

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Depending upon how you get to CJ, just to the N of the St Rte 4 and Croft/ Home Rd intersection there is a carryout open from 7AM (?) 7 days a week with a good selection of bait and tackle for ice fishing...

dcp103

• View Profile
thanks guys anyone ever fish acton lake in hueston woods?

lowellhturner

• View Profile
A very long time ago. Did well for my only time there in the fall. Nice park ! And thanks for the ice reports ! Any one planning on Sunday early?

Vexilar