Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Itching to learn this lake...

JigJigJig...

• View Profile
New to the forums on here, but looks like lots of good guys on here that love ice fishing...

I know this lake a little and helped put some pallet structures out with the park district a few summers ago in 10-15 FOW and a few shallower ones. Haven't gotten the combo of time and safe ice to check the deeper spots out during ice season, but Im chomping at the bit to get out and see if any are holding nice crappie. Ive never landed a decent crappie in DC, but this lake seems to have the right stuff to hold some slabs. All I could seem to catch this summer was dinks.     

Im not trying to steal anyones honey hole but just wondering how people are doing on crappies. Any tips on finding some fish?  ???

Im going to try and get out this weekend hopefully, if anyone on here is planning to go out we let me know. We can share info...always something to learn...

RCV

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I know this lake pretty well, got some crappie 16"+ out of there. I know some good spots for big slabs up there. Welcome to the site!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Miller08

• View Profile
I'm in the same boat you are jig jig. I would also like to give this lake a try soon. I have never ice fished there either. I'm excited about this weather it should make some good ice for a while.

Vexilar