Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Stark Parks

Treble · 7 · 11153

Treble

• View Profile
I was informed by Stark Parks Sippo was going to be designated for ice skating. No ice fishing, they had a sign out yesterday saying keep off ice.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I wonder if they do that every year?  A couple years back somebody at the parks told me that sign was for liability reasons, so I drilled all over and fished the lake. Maybe I wasn't supposed to do that. But the fishing was nothing great, small gills and crappies, but it's close to home. I've always had better success in soft water there, I do much better on ice elsewhere.  It's a shallow lake that freezes fast and you can be on it quickly at first ice.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Treble

• View Profile
Idk SS, Stark Parks sure isn't going to do us any favors for fishing. They did say through email, that Sippo was their designated ice skating lake.

snicker

• View Profile
Then they need to let us fish Petros through the ice.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I thought you could fish Petros thru the ice at your own risk.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snicker

• View Profile
Last years rules for petros stated at ur own risk. but rangers still kicked me off the ice. Saying that timkens can suck water from the lake at anytime. This year Rules says.      No Ice fishing.

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
But yet they'll let people skate and risk they're lives skateing. What do they think that they can out skate the ice collapsing.

Vexilar