Ice Fish Ohio Forum

saturday 25th

trapperjon

• View Profile
if all go's as planned. i'm going to hit the west end of the lake off of sunnybrook for perch off of the road bed (saxe) hopefully it won't be too windy that everything blows across the lake  :o   if anybody wants to meet up let me know and we'll go from there,

snag

• View Profile
I might see you out there.  What will you be in?

trapperjon

• View Profile
SNAG.... sorry but I just got asked to work tomorrow, as much as I wanted to say no. I can't turn down the OT and if we get the amount of snow that's predicted it could be a 16hr day, ($$$$$) it's been since 2010 that I've hit the roads thru the ice so i'm more than anxious to pull some jumbos thru a hole, if sunday looks possible i'll let ya know,  JON

td31

• View Profile
Hey Jon,

Nothing sounds better than pulling some jumbos thru the hole. I am new to the area from the Sandusky area and if you don't mind a tagalong to the roadbed I would love to join you..

Keep in touch,

Tom

jmm114

• View Profile
I'm interested in meeting up around the road bed as well, if there are  jumbos hanging out it would be excellent!

trapperjon

• View Profile
like I mentioned it's been 2010 since I've ice fished it, used to be able to walk down from the access rd on the west side which was also saxe rd, it's now fenced off , might be able to access further down sunnybrook, but lansinger might be the easiest  but with a longer walk,   it's a pretty easy program, once I find the road bed i'll pop holes every 50-100' or more apart along the bed, I like using my aqua-view to be sure i'm in the middle of the road, the perch travel the road like a pack of wolves, pretty cool to watch, anyhow... once I find the pack and know which way they're traveling I keep jumping in front of them,  I use BIG pinmin with waxies,  orange and green are my go to's,      hoping im not too dead a&$ tired to hit it on sunday,

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm still down with flu this weekend, but hopefully next week I'd love to hit the roadbed with some of you guys!  Haven't hit it thru the ice in a very long time.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar