Ice Fish Ohio Forum

c.j. today

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
went with fishrmn out for a few hours this morning on main lake.  Fournd 9-12 inches of good ice.  Stayed away from recently open areas such as mouth of marina and campground plus area in midlake where geese kept open.  Definately need to check as you go out but most of lake fishable.  Lake was popping right n left putting on good ice even with snow.  Sharpen your blades cause it' will be 15" before the weeks out the way it's goin
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.
Sponsors: Icefishohio.com,  Reef Runner Lures, Macks Lure, VIBE

fshman_165

• View Profile
Marc got called into work so I just came back in for some lunch..heading back out...the ice is bucking and cracking...don't freak out if a pressure crack opens under you and water runs up and out..its just the lake making ice. They are now forecasting -20 below next week...we will have a minimum of 15 inches. I am going to say we will have 18 to 20 by next weekend in some spots. We avoided many of the areas that I have been watching all week (stuff that was open as of Tuesday). Those areas should be good to go next week. If you venture out be really careful. This weather is flat out dangerous and requires planning if you are going out for an extended period. We did go out onto the main lake the whole morning.

Green Pea

• View Profile
I was there last night and couldn't get the guts to step off the docks. I know the ice is safe but it looked all white like it was full of snow. I don't know the ice well enough yet so I sat on the dock and froze my arse off. I also left my glasses on top of my car and drove off too. I went back but couldn't find them.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 06:02:45 PM by Green Pea »

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Green Pea, as cold as it`s been it should be SAFE...just DO NOT go alone and have your safety gear ON you !

fshman_165

• View Profile
Fishing was slow this morning but picked up as the day progressed. A good multi species day ;D

Vexilar