Ice Fish Ohio Forum

CJ 1/26

Salmonid

• View Profile

Me, my buddy Scott and Pondfin@tic and his buddy Ricky fished out from the ramp today, started at the 2nd pilings since some guys were already at first ones, we got 3-4 sunfish and 1 short crappie there between the 4 of us in an hour  so we headed straight out into deeper water, in the next 2 places we set up, we managed a fair number of fish, 1 small white bass, 1 small perch, 2 small channels cats, about a dozen short crappies and managed 8 keepers with 4 of them between 10-12" so enough action to keep us all happy since we were out in open water, ice was 6" at pilings and about 8-9" on the main lake. Fish caught on a variety of things, Ice jigs with both spikes and waxies, sweedish pimples, forage minnows, jigging raps and probably some other stuff. Couldn't find any consistencies to the bite, early on you had to really work them to bite then later after noon, if you jiggled it too much they swam away, we did mark many fish that were interested but wouldn't commit, frustrating....

Overall a decent day with good friends and decent temps, the wind picked up later in the morning but in the shanty wasn't bad.

I hope others did ok out on the ice today

Salmonid

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
nice post thnxs  love reading about lakes I don't get 2 go 2
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar