Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Finding crappie???

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
It was kind of spotty for the crappie but the bluegill were steady. I think the crappie were moving in as it got closer to dark. Gonna hit t early it early in the morn. It was the mouth of a bay. Bluegill were within a ft to 2 ft if the bottom the crappie were suspended any where from 2 to 5 ft down in 9 fow. I'm gonna try a little deeper tomorrow and see if they are holding deeper and movin in at low light. All fish on tungsten jigs w waxies and mousies didn't want spikes or plastics.

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
This is the pic of the keepers minus one more crappie and fill that my wife caught while I was packing up. To give you some perspective on the big crappie the smaller ones are between 9 and 10" and he gills are all 7-9" the big crappie was just shy of 14" and had to have been 2" thick he was wide too almost didn't fit through a 6" hole lol my wife was all smiles when she got that one!!!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:42:21 PM by fishintechnician »

Treble

• View Profile

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Nice work man!  I'm a little jealous as I'm home sing to get out!  Dang work getting in the way!

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Got these today. Same spot same setup. Bite was best at midday

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Very nice!  Patience is rewarded!! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

steelneyes

• View Profile
Darn crappie are just fickle.  Seems when they want to bite they do, and you can't  force them because they'll stare at anything forever and not hit it.  Good news is you probably have found a spot where it will get better as we approach spring possibly moving a bit further into the bay.  Good job on not quitting n a spot where there are obviously some nice fish.
Spud one, spud two, if it went through, so will you!

lit up

• View Profile
TRY THE SMALL FORAGE MINNOW WITH 2WAX WORMS DANGLE THEM PULL UP TO FISH AND HANG EM

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Went to a golf course pond today was pretty slow but did manage some nice fish. Stopped and checked Delaware on the way home and ice is still in good shape. Gonna hit it a few times this week. Here are a couple of picks.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
you can find them somewhere between the surface and the bottom.  ;D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Vexilar