Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice and snow conditions.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I have a couple guys, my dad included, that want to go here tomorrow.  I know the ice will be fine, but how is the snow on top?  All 3 of us have some sort of injury; sternum, knee, shoulder, and dragging thru snow would be tough. A little is ok, but don't want 10" on top of the ice. Any info appreciated, thanks.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snicker

• View Profile
well wingfoot had 3 inches in spots snow was tight so was easier than sundays pull on nimi. 

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey slab I have noticed the wind has flattened out a lot of the drifts BUT the drifts I have walked thru are still boot deep.  :-\    do ya have snow shoes ?  I wish I did  :-\
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Size 13 feet, but no snow shoes.  :'( Always think about getting some and never do!  Can't decide on Deer Creek or Nimi tomorrow.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
boy that's a tough call, nimi or deer creek,    that's what im dealin with  don't know where to hit up  sat....you goin sat ?  let me know maybe we can flip a coin and drill some holes   ;D ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Can't Saturday, chores, but planning on Mosquito Sunday.

Team Wilcraft!

snicker

• View Profile
I'm headed to Nimi tommrow. I'll be the one in the middle by the duck blind off the south main street ramp. I did ok there saturday caught gills and Perch 9 in the biggest.  Hopefully i might just get a Walleye fishing that side rather than C-5.

Vexilar