Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Pleasent hill ice

plantguy

• View Profile
Good ice 12 in found out from cabin area across from lodge.  Only drilled 3 holes to locate active fish 12fow. Caught good gills and some nice crappie. bite lasted all day.  Fish seemed to be about 2 feet up. Several others were out and had some nice crappie.  No perch or saugeye.  Jiggin rap tipped with wax worm nothing special about jig presentation as well. At time could not keep up with 2 rods. Was told good ice down at damn end and could see a shanty down that way. If you don't get cold out ice fishin then you left too soon. Ha. First time I ever ran out of wax worms.

DamianB

• Born to fish, forced to work!
    • View Profile
In what area and which side of the lake were you at? I've fished that lake during the summer months. Is it by the dam? And which cabin?
A bad day of fishin' is always better than a good day at work!

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
Plant guy thinking about heading there tomorrow can you help with some more info and is there a bait store close
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
I use to fish PH and Mifflin (mud lake area). Mifflin was the first time I ever ice fished in the mid 80's, grew up in Mansfield. Anyway, out from the beach at PH use to be a good area for saugeye, there is a huge drop off out there. Always did well over by the cabins also. All I could ever get was gills in the damn area but I was pretty green back then. 8) Both are Great Lakes tho.

plantguy

• View Profile
I always get my wax worms at the Fin in Ashland. This area is about mid lake.  They do have the lake down extra low this year (doing a bunch of shore line work again). Always good to look at lake map try to fish the old channel.  I did not check ice out from launch as with level low the river comes in close to that area. Mid lake can be good for gills, crappie and perch damn end I get mostly gills.

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
plantguy, was that your truck parked in the marina? i pulled in there about 1:30 while waiting for my buddies. fished down by the dam. marked lots of fish, but they wouldn't bite. fished from 2:30 till 8:00. got 2 crappies and 4 perch. 16 fow.

SmittyD

• View Profile
I am interested in ice fishing P H, but am not familiar with where to park close enough to ice fish. If anyone could direct me where I can get close to good ice that is relatively close to decent fishing I would appreciate it.

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I am looking at taking my kids to pleasant hill next weekend if anyone wants to join us on the lake. I have never ice fished this lake only sumer fished it.

I am thinking of going here Thurs afternoon after my kids get off to school so it will be around noon before I get over that way

Vexilar