Ice Fish Ohio Forum

I Have 2 Questions

saultfish

• View Profile
First let me thank everyone for all the previous posts as i think they will come in quite useful.  I have not  done much ice fishing since i moved south, but with the way this winter is going it looks like i do not need to drive 5+ hours north to fish. I am going to try CJ for the first time tomorrow.  I have tried to contact some of the baitshops listed in other posts and have had no success or google tells me they longer exist.  So my first question is where can i get bait on a sunday.  My second question is, Anyone planning on fishing tomorrow?  Thanks...and if your fishing tomorrow and want to hook up shoot me a pm!

Green Pea

• View Profile
Saultfish....welcome aboard.

If I had free time tomorrow I would show you around. My sons birthday party and the game later in the day means a day with the family which I'm looking forward too.

If your familiar with the bridge / overlook that runs along the reservoir, at the bottom of the hill on Croft rd. there is a bait shop right were the bridge and Croft rd T bone. Sam will have spike, waxies, minnows and what ever else you need.

Right now the bite is not as good as it will be soon but who knows when it will turn on. I'm heading over there now with my son to give it a shot and do a little night fishing.

Ice is 15 inches in most spots but there is open water in places so use good judgement.

Good luck Roger

dcp103

• View Profile
I'm heading up in the morning I will get there around 10 10:30 never fished the lake either but I'm going to give it a shot if the rain doesn't destroy the ice I'll be in a green gmc pickup with a camper shell and will be in a grey pop up shanty no idea where to get on ice at that information would be very helpful

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Sam will not be open until around 8:15 normly and you can get on the ice from the main boat ramp or at the marina. If you try to go out on the lake from the marina be careful there is a heave at the mouth that put some water up on the ice.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
To get to the marina turn right past the coastgard building take 3 rd lane to left go down over the hill as it is no longer marked.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
STRONGLY `suggest` avoiding any "heaves" in the ice; they can literally be TRAPS...

Vexilar