Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Amazing Sight

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Fished by the dam saturday at sunnybrook rd. got 3 really nice perch and a small bass,went back today fished 4 hrs. zip,nada,zero.So while i was staring at the ice hole i look up and see all these birds on the ice about 200 yds. from me,at first glance i thought they were geese,but to my surprise they were wild turkeys,i counted 24,they came from sunnybrook rd. side and crossed the lake to the far shore and went into the woods,in all my years (65) thats a first for me. :o also ice is 10 in. was fishing 16 ft. depth,today iwas only one there,4 others there sat. :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snag

• View Profile
Turkeys have been out there for several years that I know of.  I've seen a few here and there, but never a flock like that!  Looks like they're there to stay!  I can't believe the things most people miss by staying inside this time of year.  Nice report.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Turkeys will flock together in the winter to forage food for food sites and predator (coyote) protection.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar