Ice Fish Ohio Forum

moggy tuesday

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
fished sunnybrook rd. again,walked to the far shore and fished 10 ft. at the mouth of a small bay,kept 9 gills,2 redears,1 perch,alot of throw back dinks,ice has to be 13 in.and it was singing the whole time i was there,making more yay.Also I saw a bald eagle it flew right over me,you dont see things like that sitting on the couch. ;D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Awesome!  Glad your day was better than mine. I fell on Nimi and messed up my elbow and had to come home before I ever got a lure in the water.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• View Profile
Sorry to hear that slab,hope you are well soon  :-[
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snag

• View Profile
I too hit Mogodore yesterday......the lake was one ice making machine my friends....It was perpetually growling like an angry old man. A beautiful sound to my ears!  I was on the SR43 side.   For some reason there isn't a whole lot of people fishing over there this year. 

holehopper

• View Profile
been wanting to try 43 side how was the fishing snag you never said,Im always afraid to take my truck down lansinger rd. afraid ill get stuck,rearwheel drive only,not good in snow or ice. ???

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I don't know about lately, but I got some nice crappie and gills off the 43 side early January. Haven't tried lately though.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

zrinyi1

• View Profile
I'm brand new to ice fishing and planning to head out for the first time this weekend.  Can you provide any tips on what the fish hit on?  Should I be looking at live bait or lures such as jigs, jigging spoons, etc?

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Jigs with live bait. Maggots or waxworms. Purple has been my best color this year, followed by chartreuse. Welcome to IFO. ;D

Team Wilcraft!

zrinyi1

• View Profile
Thanks for the tips.  I'll be sure to post about my experience from this weekend.

snag

• View Profile
holehopper.....sorry about getting back late.....I went fishing all day yesterday and never got a chance to reply.   The fishing on the 43 side was slow, but quality was nice.  I ended up with a combination of gills and perch.  I threw allot of the perch back due to the delicate condition they were in.  Fist size bellies full of eggs.

trapperjon

• View Profile
Still p/od that every time I plan on hitting road bed ,it snows and I get called into work, it's time to hit the lottery and retire  ;D   Has anyone had a chance to hit saxe rd ?

snag

• View Profile
trapperjon....I never did get out off of Saxe Rd......I haven't been over on that side of the Lake for several years now.  However, I'm not above making the trek.

Vexilar