Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Terrible day on the ice

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Hit Hubbard valley, hoped for some gills, but I still have yet to get one, chipped half the paint off one of my favorite jammin jigs (of course the only one that I can't find on their website anymore) drilled a bunch of holes only to find I'm on 14" of ice with 8" of water under it...and to top it off, while setting a tip up I dropped my only depth finder weight which bounced off the ice...and down the hole, It found the bottom alright...

hope my luck changes hahaha
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I won't tell you I found a sunken bridge and killed the fish at Nimi today!  ;)
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Im about to give up on bluegill, all I can catch are small bass and stocked trout (which doesn't really count cause the stocked ones are stupid and eat anything they swim past)
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

snag

• View Profile
There's such a thing as a terrible day on the ice???.............. :)

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
When you lose gear and don't even get a bite... I'd say so, wasn't a complete bust, I got to learn the lake a lot better

Vexilar