Ice Fish Ohio Forum

CJ

JW · 33 · 20843

fshman_165

• View Profile
Ignore the jacked look of my previous post. I posted using my iPhone.

Suttalo

• Suttalo
    • View Profile
Anyone heading out in the morning on damn side? Got my new Vexilar and itching to break it in!
"The spirit of the bow dwells in the hearts of all young men."

fshman_165

• View Profile
I saw Bruce..way out on the lake...Bruce you worked hard for those fish! I cheated, I found them close to shore. If you were fishing what I think you were fishing, it runs the length of the lake..follow it west and see how close to shore it runs   ;) sorry I did not get to call you and meet up...this work thing is trying to interfere with my ice fishing..its getting out of hand :)

bruce136

• View Profile
 I plan on heading out tomorrow after I get off work at 7. My truck is loaded, so I should be there by 8ish.
 Fishman, I am in it for the adventure. Lol. It was a blast out there when they were biting every drop. I had a great time when I fished in close with the group after the looking walk back in.
 If you are out tomorrow, I will see you there

Salmonid

• View Profile
actually I thought the fishing was decent today, me and 2 buddys from ogf.com caught about 30 short crappies and 13 keepers, and about a dozen white bass from tiny to 4 between 11" -13" a few tiny perch and 1 decent gill and a small channel , all near the dam area.  caught on a little of everything, ice jigs  and spikes seemed to be the best, tons more lookers  and you had to work them hard to get them to bite, best ones were the ones about 3 or more feet off the bottom, they seemed to hit better.

Salmonid

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Ok guys I have never fished cj but am seriously thinking of coming down. Would anyone want to meet up and fish? I may go to kiser but not sure.I have heard good reports on both lakes. I have my own gear and know how to fish just kinda would like some direction on a new lake. Everything is dead up my way. Last three outings have been a bust. With one tiny channel today. Heading north to a small up ground tomorrow and then either kiser or cj Monday.

bruce136

• View Profile
 I plan on going out Wednesday morning. If anyone wants to join, I plan on starting out from the overlook area or maybe the campground.

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Bruce is the fishing still decen down there? I went to Indian yesterday and did ok. My wife and I are planning on going somewhere tomorrow just not sure e where yet.

bruce136

• View Profile
Saturday was slow. I got a report today from tin guppy, he said he was catching some today, but only a few keepers. Tomorrow should be game on!

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
I caught a couple dozen crappie today, but could not get a fish over 9.5". My buddy Jeff was 10' away and had some 10-10.5" fish. Most of the fish were 5-10' off bottom.

g

• View Profile
What has been the ho bait? Nice Sounds like you found the right spot. Nice.

bruce136

• View Profile
I went yesterday. I caught a bunch of babies and white bass. Ended up with 12 keepers. Tin guppy was fishing next to me and had several hogs laying on the ice. Out seemed like a 10:1 baby: keeper ratio.
 I had my best luck on a small black and gold rapala and a small pink Swedish pimple.
 I tipped with spikes.

g

• View Profile
Thanks Bruce. I should fish CJ more since I live in Xenia. Need to learn more about the lake. If you need a fishing partner sometime, let me know.

bruce136

• View Profile
You're welcome. I try to get out as much as I can. The ice is melting fast on us though.
 They were saying we lost 4 inches between Saturday and yesterday.
 My wife went out of town today, so I will probably not be able to make it out this weekend. But I am usually in most of the time as long as I have advanced notice.

g

• View Profile
If the ice is still safe Mon. and you are going out, I would like to tag along if you don't mind.

Vexilar