Ice Fish Ohio Forum

CJ

JW · 33 · 20844

JW

• View Profile
crappie fishing today was absolutely horrible.caught four keeper crappie fished for about 8 hours at the dam and in the marina :'(

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Now you know JW not to listen to me. ;D ;D ;D

fshman_165

• View Profile
I made it out for 2.5 hours today...I have been on them hard for the last 4 or 5 trips and threw back a bunch before i decided to keep a these. One fish was just short of 15, with a few 13 inchers thrown in.

Buckeye John

• View Profile
Good Job !!!! Glad somebody is on them.

Buffy

• View Profile
Wow! You aren't the guy that was way out from the dam are you? We fished about three hours (blue Clam Tamarack) off the dam. I had a couple of light strikes; hubby caught two crappie - one legal. He threw it back since it was skinny. Just as well considering the lack of fish thereafter. Fingers crossed conditions hold for next weekend.

JW

• View Profile
Good Job !!!! Glad somebody is on them.
Good job.Must be nice to be catching fish.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Buffy that was not fshman because his truck was not in the parking lot. I stopped by and talked to you guys on my way out around 1:00pm.

fshman_165

• View Profile
Made the long walk out to mid lake today...Fish were not crushing the lure like yesterday but it was solid action again. I ended up with a limit of crappies. Largest was 13.75 and 13 even. The rest were between 12 and 10.5 inches. The new snow made it a bear to pull out there and back..roughly a mile each way. Here is a picture of my fish popsicles....

bruce136

• View Profile
Fishman,
 Are you getting out today?
 I plan on trying by the dam.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 05:48:05 PM by bruce136 »

fshman_165

• View Profile
Bruce....just saw this. Pm me and I will let you know what my schedule looks like for the next few days. Maybe I can meet you out there.

fshman_165

• View Profile
I went out 2 times today...the first time out I found a large school of white bass...I caught over 25 and they were a mixed bag of medium to really large...couldnt get past the white bass to catch any crappies. Went back out from 4:45 to 6:30 and then found the crappies. I ended up with 18 keepers..with about 6 throwbacks. I have been finding the active fish roving along drops..generally between 23 and 30 feet. bottom content changes make it even better.

bruce136

• View Profile
 I went out yesterday. I walked out to open water and caught at least 40 crappie that were 8 to 9.5, a cat fish, anda few white bass. Then I went closer to the parking lot. Caught about 50 white bass and a bunch more crappie that were just shy of 9 ".
 Ended up with 10 crappie that were 9.5 to 11" and about 15 white white bass.
 I used multiple jigs and lures. They hit everything I threw at them. But the chartreuse cicada was absolutely deadly. 
 I easily caught over my limit on keeper crappie, but I try to keep them if they are over 9.5".

fshman_165

• View Profile
Went out this morning roughly 100 yards off shore and caught
Fish basically for about 4 hours straight. I threw back
Roughly 60 crappies that averaged 10 inches. I did not
Keep count of the white bass but probably threw back about
Half That many. The whites ran around 13 inches. Yesterday I caught
About the same amount but also caught a couple
Keeper walleyes. Nothing huge both just shy of 16 inches. Needless to
Say fishing is good. Earlier in the week the crappies were much
Bigger (quite a few over 12 inches) but the last few days I have seen
Smaller fish come in.