Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Last outing of the season

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
For my first year Ice fishing I learned a lot, met lots of cool people and made some new friends, unfortunately it seems due to school grades, I won't be on the ice for a while....

What I caught this season:

1 constantly empty wallet

6 stocked trout, which got boring after about the 4th one, but my buddy insisted we fish the metroparks constantly, cool I guess

3 largemouth nothing huge but atleast cool none the less

1 yellow sunfish (I don't even really count it cause it was in a tiny irrigation pond that is infested with them

Not the best season cause I was hoping to get a bunch of gills, crappie and maybe a pike or a couple walleye But oh we'll I had a lot of fun anyways
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
No catfish!! ;D ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
nope no cats either, I'm surprised I didn't get any out of medina lake
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

g

• View Profile
Having fun is the most important thing. For me, catching fish always comes in 2nd place to fun.

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Same here, honestly I get the most fun out of drilling holes and seeing how deep it is and learning the lake, just trolling around to areas ive never been from shore, I like adventuring and exploring so as long as I get to do that I'm satisfied

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Why is it your last outing? This ice isn't going anywhere!?! :)
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
I've got some math grades to pick up before the end of the quarter

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 ;D How hard can that be ? One fish two fish ,red fish blue fish .12 minnows to a dozen and 6 walleye equals a limit.    ;D

trapperjon

• View Profile
;D How hard can that be ? One fish two fish ,red fish blue fish .12 minnows to a dozen and 6 walleye equals a limit.    ;D
[/uote]     LMAO  almost had coffee come out my nose as I read that.  size limit's should be in there somewhere.

Luvztaphish

• View Profile
 :D yeah, I forgot to mention size limits .That's because I only got Bs in math.

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Hahaha I like the way you think! 20' of water 12' down equals suspended crappies

Luvztaphish

• View Profile
 :D :D Good luck with your studies . Good grades equal good green at employment . And good green equals great equipment and trips to use it .

Vexilar