Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2/20/14

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hit Nimi for a couple hours ahead of the rain.  Bite was ON!!  getting some nice 9-11" crappies, fat ones, on a jigging spoon.  Getting good gills on tungsten gill pills also.  Fishing in about 7-9' of water.  The fish were all over the water column, from the bottom to 2' under the ice.  Ice was holding great, actually better than yesterday!  I think the rain will help us if we don't get 2-3" of it.  Still OVER 14" OF GOOD CLEAR ICE WHERE I WAS AT!  Don't know what the bite will be like on the backside of the front, but will try again tomorrow to get some and check conditions for the tourney.  Here's a couple pics.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Strongpersuader

• View Profile

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yep, rain, thunder, and a good soaking sent me packing around 10:30, but it was worth it!!
 ;D :o
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

wis2ohio

• View Profile
hope it stays going for sunday. sure hoping to put some money back in my pocket after the tournament but if my luck continues like it has been I wont be bringing anything home.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
 It's been tough lately.  I think the ice will hold.  The culvert areas may be questionable, but main lake will be fine..  Maybe a little slushy, but we won't lose 16" of clear ice that fast.  I can't help your fish total though.  :P
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:15:22 PM by slabslayer »

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah  I think there coming out of deep water and roaming , those fish being all over the column is a good sign, maybe the warm water coming in from the edges bringing o2 and food will be good for us .. ;D  but I hope it doesn't stain the water to bad...so slab leave a few for me ...ok..heheh
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Will do!  Gonna try it in the morning. But won't stay long.  I can't fish saturday though. Just hope the front doesn't shut them off totally.

Team Wilcraft!

snicker

• View Profile
A lot of shad are swimming through the holes. I bet that's what ur marking. Using a camera Ull see them go thru like every 15-20 min

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Some were shad, some were gills and crappie.  I did have the camera out.
 ;D

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah slab I cant go sat either but I will go down to the lake and check conditions , and post when I get home...but I don't think the ice is hurt all that bad. and besides the temps are going back into the bucket again...shad ? I hate shad there worse than CATFISH.. :P    hahaha  but hopefully sun we catch fish,, ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar