Ice Fish Ohio Forum

C.J. Brown 02/23/2014

Slick50

• View Profile
Went to the Look Out but couldnt find a way out onto the ice so we grudgingly went to the marina. I say grudgingly because hadnt done well in the marina since the fish moved out to deeper water earlier this month. Started to head out to a brush pile from the dock when JW said "Dont do it". Didnt wanna be the fools who didnt listen so we agreed. JW then mentioned an idea of laying down a 2x4 to cross the open water to get out on the ice at the Look Out so my buddy and I thought we'd give it a shot. Went and grabbed a few 2x4's from a trash pile at the bait store. We made a bridge and accessed the Look Out with ease. Didnt count'm but ended the day with no real hogs, but plenty keeper Crappie and a Perch for a fish fry tonight. Water was murky with strong current, but turned a disappointing dock fishing day in the marina into a decent day out on the main lake. Thanks JW !

fshman_165

• View Profile
Good Job! I have been keeping 2x4s in the back of my truck during "thaws" to get over the edges for 35 years. They are the difference between going home or getting out on the lake. The ice is good if you can get past the edges. I used a couple of 2xs on Saturday to get out...left them hidden on shore near the spots I will fish later this week.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Bruce136,Crazy,G and I gave it a try today, Bruce left skunked and I caught 10-12 little crappie and 1 gill, G and Crazy were still fishing when I left. ;D

g

• View Profile
I caught 10 crappies, only 1 keeper 9 1/2 in. Slow day. Small movements and pretty much deadsticking got the bites. Used #2 glow jigging rad and minnow tail just off the bottom and a 1/8 oz gold phoebe and horizontal hooked crappie minnow jigged 2 ft or more off the bottom. Fished in 25 ft of water. Thanks Rusty for the lake info. Good to see you again Bruce. See you Sun at Alum.

Vexilar