Ice Fish Ohio Forum

PYMANTUNING ICE FISHING

GNILOP · 16 · 20604

GNILOP

• View Profile
 :(
Might go to Pymantuning tomorrow and suffer another defeat on the Ice.
I'm a "New Guy" on this forum but a old grouse & Pheasant hunter trying to survive until next years hunting season. I'v been to Pymantuning several times and not much to brag about in catching anything, could that last year fish kill be the problem? No one seems to be doing much, all I hear is "that its slow" or am I doing something wrong.. Gp

wannafish

• View Profile
i have been there a few times this season not much at all everyone ive talked has said the same small walleye and perch with some crappie come in spirts but nothing consistent my first time out there this year my rod doubled over i thought i had a nice walleye on there but it turned out to be a 25 inch channel cat.....russ at gateway said a few guys are doing ok he said to get out early around some of the islands

Erie Tom

• View Profile
Same  here. Got a few eyes between 2 or sometimes four guys. Lot of lookers come through but not that many takers. Between two of us 3 eyes  was the most..Best action ,,,,"ACTION" was in 14.5 feet of water. Nice  fish,,,,20 to 24 but few!
It is still nice  to be out there but a few more fish would make it more interesting.
Fished yesterday had one on and  I do not see how  they throw  those sharp hooks!!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Fished yesterday had one on and  I do not see how  they throw  those sharp hooks!!

They have super bony mouths compared to bass and panfish. You need a rod with a good backbone to drive those hooks home.  I learned that the hard way years ago! 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

dumpster

• View Profile
Will be there fishing out of Tuttle point in the campground ramp.....12 ft of water has been pretty good....

GNILOP

• View Profile
 ;)
THAT'S MY PROBLEM, WAS OUT THERE YESTERDAY AND I WAS NOT OUT FAR ENOUGH, I JUST DON'T KNOW THE LAKE WELL ENOUGH YET. OLD BILL ( WITH THE LONG BEARD) SAID HE DON'T GO OUT TO FAR, I SAW THAT LONG LEGGED GUY WALK OUT DARN NEAR TO THE MIDDLE! NEXT TIME I WILL TAKE A FEW MORE STEPS. Saw a few nice 3 lb + crappies up at Tuttle point that were taken in the early am way the heck out there.  Also went to the south end to look and there was a tent city out by some kind of water tower.

Erie Tom

• View Profile
got a few crappie off Tuttle. Nice fish but  they stopped dead at 11AM.. Just an early bite. Then got one more about 4 pm. 13.5 feet!

May tomorrow!!!

dumpster

• View Profile
ErieTom, a few friends and I will be out Sat. if ya wanna meet up. Hell maybe we can make this a ICE FISH OHIO day out? Would be pretty cool. We are gonna hit Manning then try DAM area for the elusive Mr.Walleye.

Erie Tom

• View Profile
Thanks Dumpster,

We are planning on sunday . Either out of Ohio campground or Orchard park.
There were a few amish today and they fished stocker and had only one fish. Buddy saw them at  Tuttle  were they were going to try  again. He was not fishing. Just looking and had his wife up there showing her  the pair of eagles there on  the nest already.

Erie Tom

• View Profile
Fish Out of Hulbert road. 15.5 feet of water and got a good mixed bag. 4 eyes 23 inches ,,,cookie mold and some slab crappie and a few nice  perch. Slow until 3:15  and then it started to click. Just a nice day on  the ice>

Erie Tom

• View Profile
Fished out of Hulbert  toward  stocker. Saw 1 crappie and 2 perch all day. Not that many lookers on  the FL-8 Was a nice day but ice started getting gray and about 1/12 inch of slush in spots. Creeks are runnign heavy into the lake.

Think I am putting it up and getting out  the steelhead gear.

Was a great  season and looking  foreward ot next year.

GNILOP

• View Profile
:)
Hey maybe you know where that big green watertower is I see when I was over at Snodgrass looking toward the Ohio side. Looked like tent city over there and I can't find the way over there to that parking area. Also I was over at Tuttel point and picked up two nice slab crappies in 11 ft but fishing is still slow over there. Where is Hulbert road?

Erie Tom

• View Profile
It is in the ohio campgrounds. Not  the cabins. There is a trailer parking lot full of RV's and a big sign for the ODNR Site Park is closed just  drive in to the lake and take a camping spot.
Watch the bay!!!! The creek is running and ice does not look good stay  to the north

GNILOP

• View Profile
YA! Thanks Tom, I drove right past it.. I think I saw a grouse fly up in front of me and I wanted to stop and check it out but as usual there was some clown right on my tail -headlights glaring. ???

dumpster

• View Profile
What a great day on the ICE today went out @ Tuttle and had a blast...ICE IS ABOUT 11 inches, shoreline is a little mushy ! Fishing was great Crappies and Perch were more than willing to inhale my minnows..My buddy and I fished 12 ft of water NW of ramp.I sat on a bucket back to the wind and the bite was on..Biggest Crappie was 16inches and took home 5 others from 12" to 15",didn't get any Jumbo Perch but did get some nice 8"-10" ones....Will be back at it tomorrow and Monday....

Vexilar