Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Tons of ice but slow season????

Mr Chomp

• View Profile
Am I the only one that has struggled with numbers? I have fished around 10 different lakes, all of which were at known hot spots, and very poor numbers over all. Still had a couple 50 + days but over all poor numbers???? Maybe the weather and too many High Pressure Systems? CHOMP

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That and the fish aren't used to this much ice.  Lack of light and oxygen moves them out deeper than normal.  I've gotten into them, but not in my normal spots.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
it has been a strange year, first ice was action packed, then as it became thicker it turned on then off, on, off.   and more fish just a couple feet under ice...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Yea it's been pretty slow for me as well
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It's been slow for me and a struggle to bring home fish this ice season too.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Erie Tom

• View Profile
It is still nice  to be out on the ice. Going with friends and meeting new ones is what it is about  for me.
Better than setting home and watching reruns!!!

Being an optimist I hope late ice will be  better but  again maybe ice out will be  great. Think Positive!!!

bcann

• View Profile
just want to say that slow is a under statement for me. I have been out this winter a total of about 6 times on the south end of mosquito lake and have yet to hook 1 fish yet. bad luck all the way but still fun getting out there any way. I am hopefull that the call to stike master about the auger that a bought right after Christmas that defective cutting blades comes be fore the ice is gone or not safe to go on

Vexilar