Ice Fish Ohio Forum

I'm Gene and I'm an addict

zrinyi1

• View Profile
I think I can admit that I am now addicting to ice fishing.  I've been an avid fisherman for years, but was always leery about trying ice fishing.  Now, I can't believe I waited so many years before trying it for the first time.

I hit Ladue for about 3 hours this afternoon.  I hit the ice around 3:30 and left shortly before 6:30.  Until 5:30 it was pretty slow.  I only caught 1 little perch (4") during that time.  Then at 5:30 the bite picked up and I caught 18 gills ranging from 4-8".

Last time I was out I missed a lot of fish, so I went to a smaller jig (1/32) and that seemed to make a big difference.  Ice was about 16" and I was fishing about 10 FOW.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Nice!  Welcome both to the sport and the site! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Welcome,weve been waiting for you,lots o f info and helpful stuff here,enjoy
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Welcome... TO THE HARD SIDE!
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
sometimes if there biting funny change from vertical jig to horizontal, or vice versa.  and then spit on it   hahahahah ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar