Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Atwood Softwater 3-30-14

crappiehunter

• View Profile
Well went out to atwood yesterday from 8am-4pm and really killed the crappie. Managed to get about 30 keepers all about 10-11 inches and threw back atleast 3 dozen or more that were about 8-9 inches. Hit up the bridge past the old cemetary first before it got crowded with the "fair weather fishermen" then moved on down to the spillway and caught 6 fat saugeye but they were only 12 inches   :-\ i hope the water starts to rise here soon because the spillway is still way to low to really fish lol atleast for me  ;D

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's good news. Thanks for the report!   I've really got to get out. Those bass will be moving up too now!  ;D :o
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that is good 2 hear ,  ;D  I hope I can get out this weekend.  you just keep on catchin my friend.... ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

crappiehunter

• View Profile
yeah they are super hungry after that long ice season......its been so crowded at atwood lately i think i'll have to start moving around to my other lakes lol

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I heard that too. Everybody's got the itch and and is getting out. Except me. My idiot self was to busy ice fishing every day and didn't get his boat shifter fixed. Oh well, I'll be out of 'dry dock' by the weekend!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
man I hear ya on dry dock, my one boat doesn't hit the water until temps stay above freezing , but the little boat is hot to go because it small and I can bring the motor inside at night, so if the warm lasts this weekend I will be fishin  woohooo, ;D  8)good luck you guys
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I heard the peeper frogs last night for the first time this spring. They typically get froze out 3 times. Then it will stay above freezing. But Friday my shifter should be getting fixed! !

Team Wilcraft!

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
Went out to my pond today to get the kinks out of my ultralight.  Caught 9 bass and 11-1/2" crappie in 20 minutes. Boat is all ready to go and headed for Nettle Lake this Saturday if it's not raining. Crappie should be stacked in North end shallow water chasing minnows and waiting for the water to hit 60 degrees to start spawning. Hello soft water, here we come!!!!!!
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes