Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Crazy way to catch East Harbor bass 4/12 & 4/13

CFosterI

• View Profile
Caught 8 bas (LMB) Sat. 4/12, 1:30 to 6:00 p.m and 5 on Sun. 4/13, 10:30 to 1:30 in East Harbor. Lost 2 and missed many others. Fish were 12 to 16" with 4 over 14" All caught in in a small camp ground marina by Tibbles Marina. This is the strangest place to fish. I have been fishing here a couple times a year for the last 25 years and we regularly do well now that we know the tricks. Here are the tricks. The marina walls are the straight steel type that go straight down into the water. We use 7' med/hvy rods with 10 to 20 lb braid. We just walk the edge and jig 1 to 2 feet away from the wall. When you get a bump set the hook and yank them up 3 or 4' on to the walk way. I caught these 13 fish on a yellow 1/32 marabou jig with a minnow hooked thru the head. (True) In the summer we use big tubes and punch them through the vegetation. give it a try. I know it sounds crazy but we have been doing it for years. Have fun and good luck!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing!  Not crazy at all, I finished 2nd in a bass tournament on Erie 2 years ago and won one last year doing that. But what I did was pitch a drop shot from my boat to the recessed part of the metal walls and the bass would hit it on the way down. Thanks for posting.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
crazy ? maybe   but I caught smallmouth the same way up at lorain off the walls , along with trout perch  crazy eh
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar