Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Weather Forcast

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
Don't know about the rest of Ohio; but here in the NW, they are calling for low's in the 20's and high's in the mid 30's starting this Wednesday and continuing for the next week.

What's everyone else hearing.

Bring on the COLD!
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Same for NE Ohio. I'm ready for some ice fishing! !
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
I'm so ready too. Deer in the freezer, camper and boats winterized and prepping the rest of the ice gear this week. Slab, what do you know about the Humminbird Ice 55 or the Marcum LX7; looking to upgrade from Vex FL8SE
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I don't really know anything about the hummingbird, and have never owned a MarCum. But I've seen the MarCum on the water in action and it is a good unit. Personally I like the Vex better but it's more of a Ford vs Chevy thing. I don't think you could go wrong with a MarCum if you got one. For the hummingbird I'd Google some reviews and check on iceshanty.com for some reviews.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Last I checked starting a week from tomorrow our temps for central ohio are supposed to be highs in the mid 20's and lows in the teens!! So ready!!!!!

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Just got back from Bass Pro in Toledo. Picked up my new Shappell BayRunner. Guess I'll have to put it together soon with these hard temps hitting!
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

fishingful

• View Profile
Minnowhead,

I was looking at the BayRunners. Looked like an interesting shanty. Post up some reports and pictures when you get a chance to use it. I was afraid of taking a ride on a windy day.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Dad has the HB 45 and it's pretty sweet. I still use my standard fl-8 or low model marcum. It all depends if you want a few extra fancy features or not. Like said its a Ford or Chevy thing. Take care of your unit in/out of the season and it will last you and help you catch more fish :)
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Will do Fishingful, the electronics shelf is sweet! This thing is built well too! I'm going to put hyfax runners on it. Should be a big plus for my style of fishing.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

Vexilar